Baked Fish (Otak)
1) Discard the skin and bones of fish. Pound or process fish meat with salt and water. Mix with the ground ingredients.
2) Add in the grated coconut; mix well and season with sugar and salt to taste.
3) Pour thick coconut milk into the mixture.
4) Spoon a portion of the mixture onto a coconut leave (open it up slightly).
5) Place another coconut leaf on top to enclose the filling.
6) Secure one end of the leaf with a cocktail stick or a stapler. Secure the other end of the leaf to form a neat parcel.
7) Continue filling the coconut leaves till all the mixture is used up. Grill or cook the fish parcels over charcoal fire till cooked through.
Yen has learnt her lor bak culinary skills from a master chef who conducts cooking lessons round the world. Order Yen's secret recipe home-cooked lor bak (minimum of 10) and have them delivered right to your door steps. Taste and see that they are not only delicious but you will keep ordering for more. Allow 2 days advance order for 500 pieces or more lor baks.
Bookmark us in your favorites for more cooking guides...
Asian Gourmet Recipes All Rights Reserved.