When I tithe 10% of my income to church, I did not say this to boast. On the contrary, when you are poor, all the more reason you need to tithe to church provided you are a Christian. This is because I need God’s protection on the remaining 90% of my income than having 100% without God’s protection. If you don’t tithe to church, you ‘tithe’ to the world by paying for car breakdowns, someone in your family falls sick, doctor’s fees, hospital bills and at the end of the month, you’ll be scratching your head wondering where did all the money to go! This is because Satan, the devourer, came to steal, kill and murder. He wants to take away your finances, your health, etc. Non-Christians usually fall victims to these and if they don’t have Jesus in their lives and not sealed by the Holy Spirit in their hearts. But if you are a Christian, and if you tithe to church, God will personally rebuke the devourer for your sakes. Read Malachi 3:10-12 on tithing.